Countries applying the visa-free regime
Visa-free entry to and exit from the Republic of Azerbaijan with passports (facilitated) can be allowed by the Milli Mejlis (Parliament) based on an offer of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and pursuant to the Migration Code and Intergovernmental Treaties to which the Republic of Azerbaijan is a Party.
In accordance with the current bilateral intergovernmental agreements a visa-free regime is applied reciprocally to citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan and citizens of the states listed below:
- citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan and relevant countries who are holders of diplomatic or service (or official/special) passports.
- Holders of any kind of valid passports irrespective of its type, including diplomatic, service, official, special or ordinary passports entitling them to cross borders to and from foreign countries in accordance with the legislations of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the relevant foreign country.
- People who are not holders of any valid passport and travel with a valid passport holder should officially enter their photo, name, surname, patronymic into the passport of that person;
- Stateless persons who are holders of an official document issued by the authorities of the Republic of Azerbaijan or authorities of a relevant foreign country, certifying the holder's identity and entitling them to travel under its protection to and from foreign countries;
- citizens of visa-free regime countries and stateless persons whose passport has been damaged, lost or stolen and they have been issued with a temporary document that enables them to cross the border (a repatriation certificate which is valid for a short period of time) and return to a country of their permanent residence or citizenship;
Foreigners and stateless persons travelling to the Republic of Azerbaijan by a visa-free regime and with temporary stay period extended up to 90 (ninety) days should leave the Republic of Azerbaijan within this period. They may re-enter the Republic of Azerbaijan within 30 days after they live abroad (except for cases of illness or death of a close relative).
Moreover, currently a visa-free regime is allowed unilaterally for citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan, holders of ordinary passports for a specified period of time by the following countries:
|Country name||Period of stay without a visa|
|1.||The Islamic Republic of Iran||15 days|
|2.||The Republic of Turkey||1 month|